Friday 4 June 2010

A Human What?

Centipede, apparently, to answer the question posed in the title. If you're wondering what a human centipede is and haven't yet had your attention drawn to the film of the same name, I suggest you take a look.

Seen it? Yeah, I had the same reaction. If you didn't watch the trailer or didn't quite get the jist of the plot, then here's a quick summary: two women get kidnapped by a German scientist who is trying to create an organism comprised of three different people who share a single digestive tract. Thankfully, I couldn't possibly make that up. This film is real and it genuinely exists. Why? Who knows.

I'd never actually heard of Tom Six (the guy who wrote, produced and directed this shower) until I looked him up on imdb after a friend of mine pointed me towards the trailer. I haven't watched the full film and I refuse to do so; I even wish I could unlearn about it, but unfortunately that isn't possible.

Anyway, I mention this film because it's the source material for this -- a flash game that takes the original Centipede arcade title and splices it with elements from the movie.

Why anyone would want to create a fan-product about a movie which focuses on conjoining people via mouth to anus is beyond me, but it's a game and therefore it deserves mentioning, if only to serve as a reminder that you shouldn't go on holiday to Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment